The Hyperic product team is pleased to announce the general availability of SpringSource Hyperic 4.3. This release contains a number of features and updates that our customers and users have requested.
Hyperic Open Source 4.3 features include:
- SNMP version 3 — improved support for SNMP v3 authentication, plus SNMP v3 privacy services support.
- Extended Windows Event Logging — supports richer event logging for Win32
- IBM WebSphere App Server – added WAS 7.0 support, removed WAS 5.0 support
- Oracle WebLogic Server – uses two-way SSL to communicate with WLS Administration Server
- IBM DB2 — now uses JDBC for management/monitoring, rather than DB2 API
- Zimbra – added support for Zimbra 4.5 through 6.0
- Hyperic API 3.1 with new functionality for managing control actions, logged events, alerts, SNMP, resources, groups, and Hyperic Server configurations.
- Over 140 bug fixes specific to Open Source Edition
resources, so you can define more precise alert conditions to reduce alert volume.
Hyperic Enterprise 4.3 features include everything in the Open Source edition, plus:
- Improved Permissions Management, with simplified role definitions and new alert-related permissions.
- Enhanced support for SNMP version 3 — support for SNMP v3 View Access Control Model (VACM) and multiple variable bindings in SNMP notification escalation steps.
- Over 35 bug fixes specific to Enterprise Edition
Here is the Hyperic 4.3 download page. Enjoy!
Many thanks to all the users, customers, and engineers that contributed to this release.